Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 18 May 2016

Lest the soul succumb



__________________________________________

Oh  !

Lest the soul succumb ,
Be weary led,
To treacherous path
of Mephistophilian  Mind :

These mighty dwarfing walls,
of all engulfing vortex ;

The sliding , winding , ever-narrowing vision
To the centre 
of this wall of extinction ;

Lest that be the fate
Of this,
Someday soaring Soul of high heavens ;

To be steeped low
With this gutter's stench,

To be drenched
In murky , filthy waters

Of rotten thoughts , 
Of infernal Schemes ,
Of vulturous appetite , 
Of devilish mirth :

Oh !

Be this not,
This self's
Beginning of the End 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shivaji  Park  /  18  April ,  1960

www.hemenparekh.in > Poems ( English )

No comments:

Post a Comment