Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 19 August 2013

My Melancholy Friend



__________________________________________
He sits there
in a chair ,
and broods
about the past :

The glorious , happy 
carefree days ,

But his young memories
soon exhaust ;

And the endless time,
reluctant to move
bores him :

The overpowering loneliness
of the present
engulfs
and makes him run
to the crowd ,
where in vain ,
he seeks 
to drown himself
in the commotion
and small talk,
over endless cups 
of iced tea 


-----------------------------

Lawrence
15 Aug 1957

________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment